At first glance, Quiz questions are very similar to Multiple Choice, as the respondent chooses an option from a list. However, the Quiz is made for participants to compete with each other. It's great to use when you want to create a fun, learning-intense and energetic competition, and define the correct answer(s).
Pro tip: Have several Quiz questions in one presentation to aggregate the score and reveal the final winner at the end!
How to create a Quiz question
- Create a new slide
- Choose Quiz
- Enter your question
- Enter the answer options
- Choose what option(s) is correct
Change the time to answer if you want - either to give the audience some more time to think, or to add an extra stress element to make sure they stay on their toes...
The Game Rules
- There is an initial countdown of 10 seconds to get the participants ready, and for you to read the question out loud.
- When the options are shown, everybody has a limited time to answer. You choose the number of seconds when you create the question (default is 20 seconds).
- Remind your audience that the faster they answer, the higher their scores.
- The leaderboard shows the point totals of the quiz questions.
You will also get to see these rules when you create your Quiz questions.
How to start the Quiz
To start the Quiz, press the "Present" button to the right. You can then see the participants start connecting to your Quiz. At least one person needs to be connected to the presentation in order for you to start the quiz - then click "Start the countdown", and the game is on!
Get a vote on your Quiz question
As soon as the countdown has run out, or everyone has voted, the results and the correct answer will be shown. The audience can also see whether they have answered correctly on their phones. Read more about voting on Quiz questions here.
You can choose to show the leaderboard in between questions, and the final winner at the end of your quiz!